What we did on Mother's Day
WE BAKED.

Strawberry Jam Muffin. A recipe I got from the net with slight modifications. I purposely searched for a recipe with strawberry jam since I had an unopened jar of strawberry jam bought during our trip to Cameron Highlands months ago. Mujur tak expired lagi.

The recipe:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 cup fresh milk
100 g butter
Vanilla essence
Strawberry jam

Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine together egg, milk and butter. Add egg mixture at once to dry ingredients. Add in vanilla essence. Stir mixture well.
Spoon the mixture into cupcake liners, filling one-third of the liners.
Using a spoon, drop strawberry jam into the center.
Spoon the flour mixture until 2/3 full, covering the strawberry filling.
Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.

Junior chefs hard at work.


The outcome.


The taste: the kids love it. For me, ntah la, muak pun ada jugak. Overdose of butter maybe. My youngest avoided the strawberry center so she ate the top part and gave it to me to lick the filling and she would consume the rest. Isyh... macam-macam...d'oh

WE DINED OUT

That night we had dinner at Rasa Rasa Satay outlet, located in Taman Sri Gombak.


I had this kungfu noodle. Boleh la...


The kids had fried kue teow. One with prawns.



I ended up exchanging my dish with one of the kids. She thought mine was more appetizing. I supposed I was already full because I don't really like the kuey teow taste.

Hubby had mee hoon Singapore. He said, boleh tahan.


We also tried the satay. Kuah dia kurang ummpphh..


In terms of service, the place need improvement. We had our dishes mistakenly sent to another table and other people's food got sent to us instead.

Earlier that day, I cooked lunch. We had fried chili crab which the kids love. And guess who had to crack the shell and extract the crab's meat for them to eat? After all, a mother's work never halt even on Mother's Day.happy
0 Responses