Men from Mars, women from Venus?
It is a known fact that men can't seem to understand women. Women love to communicate via hints while men tend to be straightforward. When women said they are fine, they may not be fine after all. When women said they are not that hungry, just take them to a restaurant. Bila kata tak kisah, sebenarnya kisah.

I read something about this in Facebook the other day. And I found the same article here. An excerpt of the article:

Begin copy -

Pada masa itu mereka sedang melalui deretan kedai-kedai makan. Terdapat beberapa ungkapan yang tidak terus yang wanita gunakan untuk memberitahu suami yang mereka lapar. Mereka tidak sanggup mengungkapkan perkataan, “Abang saya lapar, berhenti di kedai makan depan itu sekarang”. Mereka akan menggunakan bahasa tidak terus seperti berikut, “Abang tak lapar ke?”. Atau, “Dulu kita pernah makan di kedai depan tu kan, sedap masakannya”. Atau, “Tomyam kedai di depan tu sedapkan Abang”. Dan banyak lagi ungkapan-ungkapan yang kebanyakan lelaki tidak faham. 

Maka suami yang romantik ialah apabila sahaja dia mendengar isyarat ini, dia telah tahu bahawa isterinya sedang lapar dan mahu makan. Tanpa bersoaljawab, dia terus sahaja membelokkan keretanya ke halaman deretan kedai makan dan mencari pakir yang dekat dengan restoren yang dia sebut tadi.


-End copy
Not sure who's the original writer. But yes, I guess there are some truth in it. Maybe I'm guilty of it some times and was not even aware of it. 

Recently, I made a statement to my husband how my S3 battery drains out very fast. And I blamed it on excessive whatsapping with my girlfriends. Well, maybe due to heavy facebooking as well...:) 

Then after a few days he bought me this:

Powerbank! Cool... Now I don't have to worry about the phone dying out on me or having the hassle of bringing the charger along or to find for electric point to stick it in.

And then, on another day, I made a remark that my few-years-old Panasonic Lumix camera mcm dah tak sharp je bila ambik gambar. Alasan la kan... tak pandai ambik gambar salahkan camera. Ha ha... 

Few days after that, he bought me a new camera. Double cool...

Well, in the first place, tak mintak pun beli powerbank or camera baru. Honestly those statements were made without any intention. Biasa la kot, org pompuan, semua benda nak grumble or nak whine. Sometimes words of sympathy pun dah cukup. Bukan mintak beli baru pun. 

But reading the article about how women say things that they don't mean, well... maybe I sent the wrong signal unconsciously. And somehow my husband expertly read those unspoken signals. So, are men really from Mars? Yeah, maybe. But some men may have ventured to Venus and learn something about women. 

Hmm.... lepas ni nak send signals pasal apa pulak eh...? Handbag? Kereta? ;D
0 Responses