UPSR Results Day - Sek Keb Taman Selasih
The UPSR results day was over, almost a month ago. Both hubby and I took leave from work that day. Since it is our first child, semangat berkobar-kobar nak tunggu results. The news said that the results can be obtained from the school after 10 am. And being the over-anxious parents, we were already at the school gate as early as 9 am. The guards didn't allow us in and told us to come back at 11am. 

Too nervous to go back and wait at home, we went to Bangi Kopitiam nearby, trying to kill the time as fast as possible ;). While waiting, I had this drink which is too sweet for my taste. But with the adrenaline running high and nerves all tense, I supposed I could use extra sugar.



About 10 minutes to 11, we were back at the gate. And since the results were not out yet, we managed to collect the RM100 education assistance money for our 2 younger kids who are also schooling there.

Finally, the results were out. One of the teachers put up the results on a notice board.
Parents and kids started to crowd in front of the notice board, even before the teacher finished his job. Nervous...nervous...

Hubby, wishing he has supersonic eyes to be able to see. But frankly, his eyesight is wayyy better than mine.

Eventually my daughter managed to see her results and conveyed the good news to me. Alhamdulillah, syukur yang teramat sangat.

Syakila with the beaming parents.



Syakila with her class teacher, Cikgu Fuad. Jasamu dikenang cikgu.


I was smiling from ear to ear however, I was deeply saddened to see some students crying because they did not get the results they were hoping for. I hope they realized that there's still a long way to go and failing to get good grades in UPSR does not mean it's the end of the world. 

Speaking of a long way to go, I have a long way to go with my kids too. Next nerve-wrecking UPSR moments, in 3 years time. Phewww....
Genres: , | edit post
0 Responses