Bontrot
I attended a majlis tahlil held by Tunku Muna for her late father, Almarhum Sultan Iskandar, last weekend. It was at Masjid Wilayah which is not that far from my home. It was the first time I set foot in Masjid Wilayah. It is a very beautiful mosque.

Credit to Asni Abdul Samad's FB photo for this pic

Few other friends from school also came. There was a tazkirah after Maghrib. Please don't ask me the details of the tazkirah. All that I can remember was that it is about Prophet Muhammad and how we should follow his examples and sunnahs. The rest, mcm masuk telinga kanan, keluar telinga kiri. And who to blame, kalau kejap-kejap ada yang keluar camera, kejap2 keluar BlackBerry, kejap2 keluar iPhone to snap pictures. And how can I concentrate with these 'cute' antics?big grin

Credit to Asni Abdul Samad's FB photo for this pic

But I enjoyed the gathering. Reminds me of my school days, having jemaah prayers in the school's madrasah and reciting Yaasin together.day dreaming

The tahlil was performed right after Isya' prayers. And we had dinner afterwards. Alhamdulillah, rezeki, I did not just enjoyed the dinner but we were given a 'bontrot' each to take back home. When I first heard the word, I was like, Huh?? surprise Bontrot?? Later I found out that it is a Javanese word, for take-away food especially after a feast when the hostess packed the food for the guests to take home. What a funny word, but nonetheless, new knowledge for me. Here's a pic of us with 'bontrot' in view. 

 Credit to Emma Sharmila's FB photo for this pic

Err... you have to make sure you pronounce the word properly...winking
Genres: | edit post
0 Responses