Wat sek dulu dan sekarang
The Terengganu dialect is amazing. Few years ago I shared an article about Mujo in one of my FB notes. Few days ago, I read about this in my brother's FB page.

Begin copy -

Ganu kiter....

sbelum akak nikoh.tok kodi ngesoh name ic pengatin laki.kodi kata nok tanye soalan skit.pengatin laki debo doh ni.

Kodi: lame dh kenal hok puang ni?
Pgntin: dlm 2 thn lbih
Kodi: hoo molek la...mesti g dating sokmo ni dok?
Pgtin:kdg2 je Tok.dia trg sy duk kl
Kodi: Doh xjupe,org muda leni org ngorat wat sek sokmo la ni

**terangkat pggung pgntin&wali dengor soalan tu***

Pgntin: Mnada Tok,kang haram!
Kodi:bakpe haramnye,kang ada niat nok nikoh.wat sek la.barang percume!
Wali: hoi! mung tok kodi jgn wt aib ank nantu aku gitu depang org rama ning!!!!
Kodi: ce wt mari talipon mung aku nk cek

***kodi mitok ngan pgntin***

Pgntin: talipon saya ikut suka saya la nk save menda pun
Wali: wi la awang eh kalu mu rasa mu dok wat

***ketor tangan pgntin bg fon ke kodi,muka meroh merang doh***

Kodi: doh ni fail natang ape?wat sek la ning ke org panggil menda gining?

***wali cepat2 bangun g tengok,pgntin pun sama naik...saksi bejerebat atas belakang***

Ramai2 pakat kata "oooo WHATSAPP!!!"


- End copy

Ha ha... Memang kelakar. Kelasss bahasa Ganu...


Speaking about 'wat sek', we actually had something similar years ago, when I was in my matriculation days. I often exchanged text messages with 2 of my best friends Mona and Alon. In the class, I sat in the second row, behind Dijah and Lina Hassan. While Mona and Alon sat besides Dijah. So, how did we exchanged messages between us? We had what we called conversation book. I jotted down the message and asked Dijah/Lina Hassan to passed to Mona/Alon. And they will replied back the same way. Ha ha... Very outdated kan... But managed to keep us awake during classes. Kesian Lina Hassan and Dijah kena jadi posmen. And haru kalau conversation book tu terlepas kat orang lain yang tak sepatutnya baca...;D


Now with the modern days 'wat sek', I can easily keep in touch with family and friends. Especially friends. It makes life easier since we can 'wat sek' secara berkumpulan. We shared almost everything. Dari resipi ke masalah anak ke masalah bibik ke petua kurus ke bisnes ke isu-isu hangat ke perkongsian ilmu dan macam macam lagi. 




On some days, the messages received can be hundreds. Sometimes, I may not be able to contribute to the discussion because of time and work constraints but reading the messages can be one way to release stress. And the messages keep me entertained during boring meetings... Well, I just have to remember to switch off the sound or else my phone will keep beeping each time there are incoming messages. So, let's 'wat sek'? To quote the tok kodi above: Barang percume! :)
Genres: , | edit post
0 Responses