Morning chaos
This has been THE routine for me for the past 2 years. Waking up as early as 5.30 am to cook and prepare food packs for the kids before they go to school. Well, sometimes I did terlajak, lambat bangun, 6 am, and sometimes 6.30 am. Imagine the chaos and how lipas-kudung I was when I was late..whew! For comparison, on a good day, waking up early at 5.30 am, I can still have time to sit for a while and check FB via my mobile...laughing

The menu ranged from fried rice, fried noodle, fried vermicelli, fried kue teow, sometimes as simple as sausage roll or fried nuggets or fried meatballs but sometimes as leceh as nasi lemak or mee sup... Based on demand and request. I will usually ask them the night before what they want for their bekal and sometimes hoping for an answer like this..'Tak nak bekal esok...' Yeah... right.. wishful thinking...rolling eyes



To save time, I usually prepare the ingredients the night before. I will usually  slice the fish cakes, fish balls and what nots and keep 'em in the fridge. And I have always kept containers of blended garlic, onions and dried chillies in the fridge. The next morning, tinggal nyala api and campak-campak je dalam kuali..winking Really save my time that way.

And during school holidays, I was envisioning a longer beauty sleep for me and a less chaotic morning. Since the kids are not rushing to the school, hubby will manage to buy some food for breakfast from the stalls nearby before he left for work. So, tak payah la mak nak masak, betul tak..? batting eyelashes  But no..., that luxury was denied. They still wanted home-cooked dish. Reasons:

1. Yang beli punya tak sedap. (Me: Yeay!! Meaning, mak masak sedap la kan?? big grin)
2. Yang beli punya banyak sayur. (Me: Uiks.. Yes, all my dishes above are prepared minus the vege. Hmm...thinking does that make me a bad influence on my kids? But even if I add in the vege, they still won't eat it. Baik jangan susah-susahkan diri sendiri...tongue)

Anyhow, regardless of the reasons, looks like my chaotic morning routine is here to stay for many years to come. But they do surprise me sometimes... no 'bekal' day or no need home-cooked breakfast.. Like this morning for instance. I wonder, whether this lucky break will persist throughout the week raised eyebrows.
Genres: , | edit post
0 Responses