Deco...deco...deco...
School was out for a week. And the kids were asking whether there's any plan of going anywhere or of doing anything. Since hubby could not take leave, I decided to have a couple of days off and spent time with them. Coincidentally, a friend from school, Mastura, organized cupcake decoration classes for kids. Just the activity I need for my girls. The kids were excited when I told them about the deco class and were looking forward to it. 

So, my 3 girls and I went to Mas's house last Thursday. There, I met Mimi, another friend from school which I have not met for quite some time. A house-wife and mother to 5, she is also a cancer fighter, being diagnosed to have breast cancer and was later detected to have thyroid cancer. She had total thyroidectomy recently. And I salute her for her strong will and her positive attitude towards life thumbs up. And Nor was there too with her daughters. She's the principal, who was one of the RCK members big grin .

Ok, back to the deco class. First, the kids were taught how to make grass. Along's grass was very short and trimmed. Angah's was quite long. Syahidah's dah macam semak samun winking. They were supposed to also decorate the grass with the flower candies. Syahidah popped more candies into her mouth than on the grassd'oh.


They were also taught how to spread the icing on the cupcake to make the base. See how focused Syahidah was, you can tell by her muncung lips...laughing


Then they either stick the Barbie or Princess images and decorate sesuka hati. Aunty Mas was very generous with the flower candieshappy .


Or squeeze the icing bag to make some flowers. Yearggh!! Sampai guna both hands tu... And with her muncung of determination...big grin


These were some of the products of their keras-tangan...winking Got ladybirds and little girl designs as well. One ladybird lacked spots on one half of its body... Kesian...happy


By the way, Mas is doing her cupcake business fulltime, famously known as Mastura Chomel Cupcakes. Can visit her Fotopage or her Facebook if you are interested to know more. Her cupcakes are delicious. These were her cupcakes which I ordered sometime ago for my kids. Yummy aren't they? drooling


My kids enjoyed the class very much. I would recommend this to every parents. Boys pun boleh. And my kids were proud of their skills even though crooked sana sini, terbabas sana sini. And I'm so proud of them big hug. Skill-wise, I had a go at it too... and I'm not a good icing-squeezer either tongue. What's more important, the fun, the excitement and how it would improve their artistic skills. And what's even more wonderful about this kind of activity, I don't have to worry about cleaning up after the session whew!. Well, I hope Aunty Mas did not have a headache clearing the mess...winking
Genres: , , | edit post
0 Responses